To schedule an appointment, or to change or cancel an existing appointment, please call 575-737-3231.
Types of medical exams, which may be set up through Centralized Scheduling, may include MRI, CT scan, Mammogram, Bone Density Exam, Ultrasound, Endoscopy and Fluoroscopy. Other scheduled exams may be added later. Routine x-rays do not need to be scheduled through Centralized Scheduling.
If your primary physician has ordered a study or exam, have their office fax your order to Centralized Scheduling at 575-737-3232.
Policies and Procedures
A detailed brochure will be given to you upon admission to Holy Cross Hospital. You may also download a copy of the Admissions Brochure here.
You or a family member may discuss these Rights and Responsibilities with any of our clinical compliance with the Federal Patient Self-Determination Act of 1990 and explains New Mexico Law that is related to the Act.
We Care About Your Safety
- Speak up! Don’t be afraid to ask questions if you have doubts or concerns about your treatment.
- Keep a written record of your medications and know what medications you are taking.
- Remind friends, family and health care providers to wash and sanitize their hands.
- Before going for a procedure or operation, make sure you know all about it and that it is the correct one for you.
- Understand your discharge instructions and medications before you leave.
- If you have safety concerns, we want to hear from you!
When you are admitted to the hospital, bring your current medications:
- Bring a list of the prescribed drugs, over-the-counter medications, home remedies, and nutritional supplements that you are currently taking and show it to the health professional(s) managing your care.
- Bring a list of medications that you cannot take (due to allergic reactions, etc). Give the reasons why, and show it to the health professional(s) managing your care.
- When admitted, ask how to contact the on-site Pharmacist.
- Ask the names of the medications that you are receiving during your hospital or health-system visit.
- Question anything about your medications that you do not understand or that does not seem right. Be especially alert to unexpected changes, such as a change in the appearance of your medication.
- Ask your health-system pharmacist if you have any questions about the treatments or medications, you receive.
- If you are too ill to follow these suggestions, ask a friend or relative to help.
Visiting hours are 9:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Any person remaining in the unit will politely be asked to leave at that time.
No more than two visitors per patient are allowed at any one time. Patients need to receive an adequate amount of rest to facilitate an excellent recovery.
Visitors may not sit or lie on patient beds or other beds in the room. Clothing and personal effects may carry harmful bacteria to patients.
Visitors must use our public restrooms which are located in the Main Lobby and Waiting Areas.
Be sure to visit The Enchanted Cup for a gourmet cup of coffee, The HCH Cafe for a delicious and affordable meal, and the Gift Shop to pick up a little something for the person you’re visiting!
An ATM Machine is located near The Enchanted Cup, before you come to the Radiology/Imaging Department doors.