COVID-19 Testing For Non-Symptomatic Individuals
The Holy Cross Lab will be offering COVID-19 testing for non-symptomatic individuals Monday-Friday from 6am-6pm and Saturday/Sunday from 6am-12pm.
The Holy Cross laboratory offers a diverse array of services to both outpatients and inpatients. The outpatient blood-draw area is only a few steps from the Lab lobby, and privacy cubicles assure patient confidentiality.
Accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP). Full-time pathologist on staff.
- Microbiology and Immuology
- Virology – Rapid Influenza & RSV
- Blood Bank
The Lab has a full-time Histotechnologist who assists in preparation of surgical and cytology specimens. Services include surgical, specimens, office biopsies, needle aspiration cytologies, bone marrows and autopsies.
A surgical pathologist studies tissue samples from patients taken during surgery. The pathologist will help diagnose diseases and work with patients to develop treatment plans. Our team works hard to deliver excellent patient care and develop enduring and trusting patient/physician relationships.
- Our final pathologic report integrates the morphologic report with the results on ancillary studies.
- We provide effective communication with patient care providers on urgent diagnoses, and significant, unexpected diagnoses.
- A pathologist oversees the handling of all specimens, and performs grossing of all specimens.
- The pathology/histology team performs and reports frozen section diagnosis directly with the surgical team in the operating room.
- The average turn-around-time for all tissue specimens is within three business days.
Fine-needle Aspiration and Needle Core Biopsies
- Fine-needle aspiration and needle core biopsies are minimally invasive, and offer rapid recovery for the patient. Specimen quality and adequacy assessment are performed during these procedures.
- Cytology and histology correlation promotes a definitive and accurate diagnosis.
- The final pathology report emphasizes pertinent information for the care of patients, and the integration of pathologic findings with clinical information.
1397 Weimer Rd.
Taos, NM 87571